Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Its amazing how fast the last year has gone. Ty is now 9, Jay 6 and Bre is 2 1/2 years old. This time last year I was excited to begin the elementary education program at USU, and now, 3 semsters later, I am looking forward to level 3. I am a little nervous, but I know I will make it through just like I have all the other semesters. I had almost all A's within the past year (if not an A an A-). It just makes me feel good that all my effort does pay off in the end. The last little while I have not been sleeping well, and I have decided that it is because I always have too much on my mind. So I decided that maybe keeping a blog, or a journal would be a great way to get those thoughts out of my head.
Owen's schedule is changing for work. He will now be working 12 hour shifts. The frustrating thing is that I will need a babysitter for my longest days that I have at school. I feel really bad about having to have Bre watched. I sometimes wish I could stay home and have all this stress taken away. However, I know I need to get my degree, why I am not sure. All's I know is that both Owen and I feel really strong about me getting my degree. So we do what we have to. But getting a babysitter is a stress that I just can barely handle. Right now with Owen's shift change, I am especially stressed. I am just grateful for Camie and all the help she has given me by helping watch Bre when Owen and my schedule conflicts.
Bre is being potty trained. I am hoping that she will be potty trained before I start school again, well at least far enough that she won't totally regress when I start school. She is into everything right now. If it is quiet for a second I immediatly know that I better see what Bre is into.
Ty and Jay are constantly fighting it seems like. But at the same time they are the best of friends. Ty and Jay are both now Yellow belts in karate. They really love karate, and are both doing really well in it. They are also both playing basketball. Between all the extra curricular activities, and school we are extremely busy. The last two weeks have been really nice, because we all had a break from everything. We had a really good christmas and a new year.
The last year was really tough in a lot of ways. Owen's family had several losses. Owen's uncle died of a brain tumor in september. Owen and I drove down with Paula and Alan. We stopped at disney land for a couple days first, that was our unofficial ten year anniversary trip. That part of the trip was a lot of fun. I even went on the tower of terror, which scares me to death. An asian woman was sitting beside me asking me if it was scary, I told her it freakes me out. unfortunatly we were already in the seats, and couldn't turn back. We finished the trip going to Uncle Lynn's funeral. It was really hard, but we are all glad that we knew such a great man.
On halloween we had the bad news that Grandma Thompson passed away. Another loss for the Thompson's. Ty and Jay took it pretty hard. They really enjoyed visiting with grandma. It is really hard knowing she won't be there to talk to and visit anymore. I loved how she always took an interest in everyone's lives. We will miss her.
On a happier note, we finally got a van. That took a lot of talking on my part, but we love it. It is so nice having the extra room for our kids. They were tight in the car, and now well, they can't sit there and poke and prod each other while we are driving.
Anyway, 2009 has been an eventful year, full of hard times and good times. In my opinion, this last fall was by far my hardest, even though my work load was much smaller. I feel it was partly because of the emotional roller coaster we were on along with school. I am amazed I pulled off a 4.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment