Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010

Today was an interesting day. I finally started to get the wallpaper off the walls in the downstairs bedroom. The problem is that I swear they super glued that stuff on. The top layer came off fairly easily, however, the rest is not coming off.
I also watched a little movie on you tube on how to mud the walls. And then, I mudded. It wasn't too bad, I have one more layer and then I can sand and texture the walls. Hopefully I am able to paint at least one room before school starts on monday.
Bre was funny this morning. She kept trying to get me to come upstairs, finally she told me she needed to go potty ( I suspect just so I would go upstairs). Anyway, when we got upstairs and I was all finished with my projects. I was helping Bre use the bathroom. When she was done, she looked at me and said, "mommy, you stink". I responded with a sarcastic, "well thanks a lot." She in her sweetest voice said, "Your welcome, mommy." Hmmm, what a compliment. Anyway it was probably true. Thats what happens when you work on remodeling projects.
Last night in Karate. The Karate teachers thought that Ty had advanced to Orange belt on accident. I was so proud of Ty for being honest, and letting them know that he did not advance to Orange yet, but that he had just barely advanced to yellow. Who knows how they got the idea that he was advancing to Orange already.
Well things are pretty good for the most part. I have decided that I need to lose all this holiday (and stress) weight. So I have made a goal to lose 20 pounds. I am still fairly active. I try really hard to get my excercising in. I am almost positive my problem is my eating. I have been addicted to sugar and carbs for the last couple years. Mostly since I started school, I am sure it is the stress. Anyway, this is the one part of my life that plagues me and that I am not proud of what I am doing. So, if I can get a handle on my eating, I will really feel successful in my life. The funny thing is, is that the majority of my life I have been a really healthy eater, so I just don't understand why all of a sudden within the last couple years I can't seem to get control of my diet. Well I am making the goal to get myself healthy again. And hopefully in the process help my family make better food choices.
Anyway, it has been an eventful day.
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment